Music of the Moment

Ever since I started driving I have always loved the way a good playlist on a long drive makes you feel. It can change the whole mood of the trip, even if you are just popping out to run errands for the day. Now that I have purchased my own car I have been burning CDs like a madwoman. I have yet to purchase, or figure out for the matter, something to link my sound system to my ipod. For now we are stuck in the early years of sound systems.
My playlists lately have been centered around Watershed, a sort of country festival in Washington. It takes place at the Gorge in George, Washington (tee-hee, Washingtonians have humor too) which is undoubtedly one of the most scenic venues around.
This year Watershed will consist of Thompson Square, Kip Moore, Lee Brice, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley and, oh yeah, Luke Bryan. I am already shaking it for you Luke, just you wait.
As the days get closer, 77 days left as of today, I get more and more manic and make an increasing number of playlists just so I can memorize every last word in case Luke Bryan asks me to serenade him on stage. It could happen.
My favorite music of the moment has been, no surprise, overwhelmingly country with a little slice of pop music thrown in every once and a while.
I love just about every track off of Kacey Musgraves' album Same Trailer, Different Park. My favorites have to be Silver Lining, Follow Your Arrow and Merry Go Round. Easy to listen to while driving and fun to sing along to.
The Band Perry does it again with hit after hit on their newest release, Pioneer. This album is filled with their typical sound with a few surprises here and there. My favorites are Better Dig Two, DONE and Don't Let Me Be Lonely. I think everyone can relate to the fact that "mama told me to play nice, she didn't know you when she gave me that advice. All I wanna be is DONE."
Like most sane people I love Lady Antebellum too too much. I have been addicted to The Voice as of late, and Blake Shelton's entire team, and seeing Hillary Scott was Adam's right hand woman made me giddy. I am obsessed obsessed with Downtown and have to scream the lyrics every time the song comes on.
What songs are on your current favorite playlist?