Sunday Social

Sunday Social
1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of?
I have always wanted to travel somewhere completely alone. Something is so thrilling to me about finding a little apartment, filling it with a sweet puppy and lots of monogrammed things all of my own. Then wandering around, making my own way, without anyone knowing anything about me except what I create for them. Of course, I am way too cautious and stuck in my own mind for this, but at the same time that it why it is so interesting to me. 
I could be somebody totally new and that is the best part.
Can I live here?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I will be 24 years old, which is weird to think about especially because for some reason I am totally wary of turning 20 in April. I don't think its so much the actual age, but the idea that my teenage years are officially over then. 
In five years I will be out of nursing school, hopefully working in a pediatric hospital somewhere in the south. I know that more than anything I want to be positively affecting children no matter where I am.


This sweet video makes me certain of what I want to do. And it comes from Seattle Children's!

3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2012?
The first thing I am looking forward too comes next week, thank goodness, when I go back to the doctors to get my {silly foot} re-x-rayed and hopefully get the okay to walk again. To me walking will mean getting to run again and hopefully some of the crazy thoughts in my head will calm down.
But in general before 2012 ends I want to find peace. To understand why God has led me in some directions and listen to what He has to say about the next chapter in my life.
To put on both running shoes again...
And just have a long good run.
4. What are your hopes for your blog?
This blog is a place for me to detail my life, my thoughts and the journey that goes along with that. I hope to in some way touch another person through it. Even to just hear someone say that they are in a similar place, or understand all the crazy in my head, that is what I want. Then to turn it around and share my thoughts with them. Also, I would be lying if I didn't say that I wanted to be part of the whole community. Its an amazing thing, something so strange but inspiring that I love.

5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city?
I have lived in the same city for my entire life. All 19 years spent in the same shingled pacific northwest style house. Last year was my first real taste of moving and that was in state for school. I definitely want to move, even if just to explore for a little while. I have this mindset where I hate what-ifs, and know that if I don't try something then I will drive myself crazy wondering. I have always wanted to live somewhere totally different. At first it was in a little seaside town on the east coast. Now, I think I have my heart set somewhere amongst the southern belles and gents. When this will happen, I can only guess, but whenever it comes I know that it will be my time.
It is a gorgeous place to grow up in though, cannot deny that.
6. What is your morning routine
My morning routine is full of grump and slow movements, hah! I described my routine when I could run, pre-klutz injury, {in this post} but thought I would share some of it here:

Most mornings I quite literally have to drag myself out of the comfort of my bed when my alarm sounds at 6:30AM. I am not the type of person who can wake up and be totally okay with life in a pleasant manner. I am an absolute beast in the morning. So, as I tug on my lululemon running tights I stop the cranky morning thoughts going through my brain. There is no good reason for me to make angry conversations in my head at that hour. Knowing that I will probably freeze to death without a jacket, I opt for either my ruffled lululemon jacket, pictured above, or the more practical white lululemon windbreaker kept in the depths of my closet.
It is at this point that my little iPod nano begins to defrost the ice witch known as Ali in the morning. I put on an upbeat playlist and walk to the little concrete trail about a mile from campus. This mile walk is calming, its where I start to think about my day, its my time to reflect. As soon as I hit the awning that marks the beginning of the trail, my feet pick up pace. I am by no means a fabulous runner, I am a total jogger. As my nose begins to run, and my legs tighten it takes everything I have to push through. By mile marker three I am usually exhausted and often begin the way back with a mile walk.

When I am all finished with my run I always feel proud. My face is usually all red and splotchy, a gift from my pale genetics, but suddenly my head is so much more clear. Being a naturally anxious person, it is this time that calms me down so much more than any breathing exercise ever will.