Liebster Award

Ohmygoodness girls, I won a blog award! I am so excited and want to celebrate with cake and ice cream and glitter and Brooks Brothers models... you are all invited of course. The award has a fancy name too, "Liebster." Slap that on a medal and let me wear that sucker around impressing people with my fancy exotic award. Basically, "the Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome." LOVE IT!
So here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 Things You Didn't Know About Me

1. I am allergic to artificial grape flavoring, no joke, it is a fun thing. Don't go picturing Violet from Willy Wonka, I won't go randomly turning purple in public. Most things don't have enough flavoring in them to do anything emergency room worthy, but when I do have some my lips resemble something like Lisa Rinna's. Sex-ay.

2. If I wrote a book, like my sweet Brenna keeps encouraging me to do, it would be called "Sassypants." Or "Put a Bra On." Or "True Life: I do Toddlers and Tiaras Impressions on Friday night." I have also included some exclusive cover photos, did I mention I had a brief ginger stint? Probably not, tears were involved friends.

3. I rowed competitively for four years of high school. Sure I loved the uni tans, the way spandex made my butt look and the ever popular 2ks, but in the end I needed a change of pace. I found this little gem on Tumblr, which is so true:
When people say rowing is easy
4. I want this:
& This
& This

5. I am a little bit overly touchy about people's grammar. When my roommate and college bestie, Kenzie, and I would edit people's papers last year they would always get huffy about our comments. Hello, we just like things to be done right the first time.

6. I love love love Gilmore Girls. When I was younger my mama and I would watch it every week and now I own the entire series box set. Its a tradition. Plus, I am pretty sure I have pulled a Rory regarding the kiss incident, whoops.













7. My Nonnie (grandma) is one of my favorite people in this world. 
For reasons like this text:
I love her too too much!
8. I cannot wait for Duck Dynasty to return. Si Robertson is the funniest thing ever.

9. I can be pretty crafty when I put my mind to it. I painted over my cork board from my dorm last year in Lilly's You Gotta Regatta print and I am thinking of doing something similar in the Tusk In Sun print, so cute!



10. When I was younger I collected snow globes. Anywhere friends and family would travel they always knew that I expected a present upon their return. Now I have a room full of glass filled balls on stands and I have no idea what to do with them. Why couldn't I have collected something more useful like monogrammed things, or boyfriends?

11. I have a big fear of being forgotten. I lost my closest friends out of the blue my senior year and now, taking a semester off from college, I am terrified to lose the friends I have now. I became very close with my roommate last year (one out of the four, hah!) and I miss her dearly. I just hope that she doesn't totally forget about me, I love her so!
She is so precious! And she always looks cute, no fair!

Questions From rFe

1. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life thus far?
I don't think that my biggest accomplishment in life thus far is anything materialistic or easy to measure. It is instead that I have become less uptight, things don't bother me the same way they used to. This drives some people nuts, but really, I have learned that sometimes the only way to live is to let things roll off your shoulder instead of freaking out  about it. "They used to call me anal girl." Name that movie.
2. What is your all time favorite song?
I cannot for the life of me ever think of an "all time favorite" anything. Right now I am loving Cruise by Florida Georgia Line though, so good!
3. Facebook or Twitter?
Like I said in this {Sunday Social} post I think that these are two separate things. Most of the people I follow on twitter are celebrities and fellow blog loves, while facebook is filled with friends and friends I met once and decided I couldn't live without knowing the rest of their life details. Depends on who is doing the most ridiculous and interesting things that day.
4. What's your drink of choice? If you're 21 years of age of course... ;)
Diet Coke, in my monogrammed Lilly tumbler of course (Kenz and I have matching ones, too cute!)

5. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
Right in this moment I just want to go to Florida. To sit in the sun, road trip around the south and look at potential nursing schools and to take care of my sweet Grammy.
6. What's your most embarrassing moment?
Tripping down the stairs and breaking my foot, hah! Or at least that is all I can focus on now.
7. What's your favorite quote?

8. Who's your biggest inspiration?
I didn't really realize how much Bethenny Frankel has overcome until I read her book "A Place of Yes" The stories she told and the amazing things she has done inspire me to live without fear. The girl had a pashmina business, a baking business both of which flopped and now she has a fabulous line of cocktails... genius.
9. Why did you start blogging?
I love to write and needed something to do while this {bum foot} heals and blogging seemed like the perfect answer. Plus, why not? There are some amazing people in the blog world and I love the whole idea of it, like a little crazy, overly wordy, monogram obsessed sisterhood. yahyah!
10. Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? Opinions?

11. Who's your biggest celebrity crush?

And the award goes to...

My 11 Questions
1. Where do you go to school? What are you studying?
2. What is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer print?
3. Who is your favorite person?
4. Best ice cream flavor?
5. Favorite song at the moment?
6. If I met you I would learn...
7. The best thing my _____ cooks is?
8. Worst hair cut/color/styling experience
9. Favorite online boutique/store (spill!)
10. Best Starbucks drink? (feel free to go seasonal on me)
11. I love Ali/her blog because... (clearly I am running out of questions and it is approaching the hour where things turn back into pumpkins and shoes are lost)