Some Like It Healthy: Cauliflower Pizza

I am the first person to admit that I am not the healthiest eater on the planet. I like my carbs, my sweets and everything in between. I am not a big fan of proteins like meats. Some have been known to call my taste picky, although I will not admit to being that high and mighty. But with this whole bum foot situation, and lets be honest all of the pitty fro-yo I have 'splurged' on, I am going to look like an elephant by the time I go to Florida (fingers crossed) in a month when I can walk again.
I discovered this recipe is thanks to my addiction to pinterest. I am sure my mother would love to claim that it is her love of organic, natural foods that sparked my sudden urge to eat better, but lets be honest, I just thought it looked pretty. Cauliflower pizza, sounds simple enough I decided. The idea seems a little scary at first for any thick crust pizza lover like myself, but I was willing to give it a shot.

The ingredients for this healthy pizza are as follows:
1 cup of cooked, riced cauliflower
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of fennel
1 tsp of oregano
1/4 cup of green onion
Garlic salt, to taste
Pesto
Garlic Feta (and any other toppings)

I was not too particular with the amount of cauliflower that I began with, I figured that if I liked it I could always make more, or else I would bring it to some function I really disliked instead. Basically, you place your cauliflower in the food processor and chop it up until it forms into little rice like balls, or pieces. You could also grate the cauliflower, but for all that labor might as well add some cinnamon sticks to your pizza order instead.
Next, take your riced cauliflower and place it into a microwave safe bowl, covering the top and cooking for about two minutes. The cauliflower has enough moisture in itself that it will sort of puff up similar to the way rice would, again not the same as the real thing but we are thinking skinny (slightly delirious) thoughts as my Nonnie would say.
Below are our crust basics. Basically, this part is pretty much up to you. I had some amazing green onion lying around and I opted not to add too much oregano because I personally think it tastes like icky things. But, garlic salt, or whatever sort of seasoning you have and like is a must. The first time I made this crust it was okay, but definitely lacking in my eyes, adding the garlic salt really hit that slightly unhealthy happy place I have. I have also seen people put cheese in the crust... YUM! If you do so please let me know how amazing it is.
The only must is that large egg and the cauliflower... mix away and get creative!
Spread your "dough" on a greased baking sheet, we use simple EVOO in my house (trying to bring some Rachel Rae back there) but you can use whatever. At this point you have to be open minded, it looks and smells nothing like that good thick take out pizza crust, but trust me your bikini line (and your luck with those sexy boys) will thank you.
Place your pizza in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until it is browned on the edges and totally cooked through.
For my pizza I went with what I had, pesto and garlic feta crumbles, and it was pretty damn good. I will not promise that it is replacing that good old pick up Costco pizza that my family likes to get every once in a while. The texture is a little odd, but all in all it is a pretty good healthy dupe. Even my meat loving father liked it, and he continues to ask me to make one for him, Lord knows this cripple does more knocking things over in the kitchen right now rather than actual cooking.
Overall I would recommend this recipe, even if mine is not as pretty as those on pinterest. Let me know if you make this recipe and how it turns out, or if you have any other beach friendly recipes, the more the merrier!