She Puts WHAT In Her Cookies?!

...Ricotta that is.
 Move out of the way {Pioneer Woman} there is a new baker in town!
And darn it I can rock a frilly apron any day!
Before I left for my part-time life as a Floridian I had a task at hand. My dad had made lasagna, not as good as my mom's, and we had a whole tub of ricotta left over. I was determined to use it up before it went bad, so I turned to the internet. I quickly found {this} recipe for light ricotta cookies.
They were delicious, so of course being the good blogger I am I knew I had to share them with you!

Ingredients are as follows:
Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees, I always forget to do this, and greasing your cookie sheet. I used a silicone mat instead of spraying my sheets. Truth be told, my mother doesn't believe in cooking spray so this was really my only option!
In a big bowl, I used my old kitchenaid mixer, cream together one cup of butter and two cups sugar.
Beat in the two eggs, one by one, and stir in the ricotta and vanilla.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Once fully combined, incorporate into the wet mixture. 
 Drop dough by the spoonful on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, mine baked for around 15 though and they were still soft.
Let cool 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
These cookies were delicious! 
The recipe also had a lemon icing which I decided not to make, and they were perfectly sweet and soft on their own. The ricotta makes them nice and light tasting, but still good for a sweet tooth like mine.