Sunday Social

Sunday Social

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss the freedom of being young, I was a pretty carefree kid.
First born of my entire family, I was the princess, which meant I did everything I wanted to do. 
Now we understand where the crazy comes from.
I miss being able to rock outfits like this, sans bra, with the frilly socks and all. I think if I did the dishes like this now it would be considered kinky. 
No thank you.
{img one}
{img two}
I also miss a lot of the friends I had growing up. The relationships we held were so innocent and drama free. Almost everyone has that one childhood friend that they regret drifting apart from. I wonder about mine all the time. What are they up to? Where are they in their lives? 
But mostly I wonder if they are happy.

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
Ali is actually a nickname. My full name, or "real name" as the sweet camp babies would say, is Alexandra. My aunt gets the credit for Ali though. From the moment she met me, she was concrete in her claim that Alexandra was too long of a name for a tiny baby and I have been called Ali ever since.
My soccer team called me "Vince." The coach decided that we needed tough scary soccer names and Vince was born. I still don't understand why this wasn't tough enough for him in my pink pants.

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
Most recesses involved my getting married to my elementary love, popping out anywhere from 3-7 children and adopting at least 2 dogs. No joke. We also had clay rings made for us. Sometimes the other kids would mix it up and play wall ball, which I wanted none of, and I continued to play house in my own little world.
I have been a housewife diva extraordinaire in training since kindergarten.


4. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A princess-mailman-cat-doctor. No joke.
Nursing seems like a good compromise to me.


5. What was your favorite toy?
My bitty baby who I named Bethlehem.
Or, my real life baby doll my chunky baby brother. I once dressed him head to toe like a princess. If I find that picture without him killing me I will definitely include it in a post.


6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
Most of the stories my family tells of me are overly cutesy stories. My grammy's favorite story ever, that she tells every chance she gets, is our baking extravaganza. We were making cookies or some odd dessert that I had undoubtedly demanded when I stuck my finger in the sugar bowl. Before tasting it I asked my grammy, in a high pitched toddler voice, "will I y-ike (like) it?" She thought it was the cutest thing ever. Other stories involve me stuck under our kitchen sink in my underwear playing with the paper towel roll. Why? Not even I understand that.