Trying It Out: Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure

Earlier this week I blogged about the Influenster college voxbox I had recieved. Included in the package was imPress press on manicure kit. The kit retails for $5.99 for solid colors and $7.99 for prints, like the one I got, and can be found at a variety of drug stores.
It claims to give you a salon quality manicure in seconds, no glue required, no drying time, won't damage your nails, easy removal and lasts up to a week - WOW.
I was hoping that it would do all of the above like promised. Upon opening the package I was a little skeptical. I am a pretty plain Jane nails wise and so this sort of snake skin print was not exactly my cup of tea.
What I did love right off the bat was the packaging. It comes in this little nail polish bottle thing that I thought was so cute.
A variety of nail sizes come in the bottle along with a "prep pad" for use before applying the nails.
I got straight to applying the nails and, print aside, thought they looked pretty natural. Minus the pinky. That one was a little too long for me.
Then I decided I just couldn't live with the print. So I tried painting them red. Oh what a mistake.
The polish clumped on the print and ended up looking tacky as can be.
Overall, I liked the concept. If I had received a solid version or the french tipped nails I would probably have loved this product more. I love the concept and thought the application and length were both very streamlined as a concept. Hopefully I will get to Walgreens soon to try out colors more suited to my taste, and will of course update you then!
xo